- “United” means United Airlines, Inc.
- “Participating Carriers” refers to, collectively, the following airlines: United Airlines, Inc., Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Austrian Airlines Inc., Brussels Airlines SA/NV, Swiss International Air Lines Limited.
- “Qualifying Revenue” means revenue flown on a United, United Express, or on any other Participating Carrier operated flight, excluding all taxes, service fees and refunds. Qualifying Revenue will only result from non-discounted fares booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G or N classes of service.
- “Disqualifying Product” means any Participating Carrier travel agreement that provides discounts or other travel benefits, but does not include MileagePlus® participation
- “Performance Requirement” is the minimum amount of Qualifying Revenue required to remain in the Program. Please see applicable Performance Requirements below.
- “Authorized Representative” refers to one individual employee of Company, designated as the primary contact to request all Company rewards and to receive all Program communications.
- “United Flight” means a flight operated by United or operated by other airlines and branded as United Express.
- “Points” refers to the cumulative system designed to assign different point values to Qualifying Revenue based on booking class as specified hereinafter.
- “Rewards” include, but are not limited to United Club membership, MileagePlus status memberships and air travel tickets. Rewards are subject to change at any time without notice.
- “USA” means the United States of America (U.S.), consisting of the 50 U.S. states plus Washington, D.C. (federal district), in North America.
- “Latin America” includes the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela.
- “Central America” includes the following countries: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama.
- “Caribbean” includes the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Virgin Islands (British) and Virgin Islands (US).
[Back to Top]
Company’s (“Company”) participation in the United PerksPlus Program (the “Program”) is governed by these Terms and Conditions:
- The Program is limited to corporations that (i) do not currently participate in a Disqualifying Product; (ii) have at least 5 verifiable employees; and (iii) hold a valid company Tax ID, or a similar credential if Company is headquartered outside of the USA.
- Companies based in the USA may earn Points for flights ticketed pursuant to the Program and operated by United, by United Express, or by any other Participating Carrier.
Companies based outside of the USA may earn Points for flights ticketed pursuant to the Program, but solely if operated by United or by United Express.
- The Program may not be available in all cities served by United, by United Express, or by any of the other Participating Carriers.
- Qualifying Revenue may only result from eligible published fares purchased and traveled on United, United Express, or on any of the other Participating Carriers (where applicable).
- Government, military, wholesaler, consolidator, bulk and other special fare types are excluded for calculation towards monthly tracked revenue performance. Flown revenue traveled on United, United Express or on any other Participating Carrier (where applicable) in association with corporate agreements or any other discount travel program requiring a tour code or ticket designator is not eligible towards United PerksPlus Performance Requirement.
- United reserves the right to determine the Company’s eligibility to participate in the Program.
- Earned points are valid during the membership year and for an additional 12 months upon the company’s renewal in United PerksPlus, after which time they will expire.
- Travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators, and other travel organizations who sell air travel are not eligible to participate in the Program.
- For Program performance calculation purposes, Company will book and ticket its business travel using the Company’s assigned unique designator (Tour Code) via the company’s designated travel agency or through United’s city ticket office (CTO). Alternatively, Company must provide United with the name and the MileagePlus® account number of any individual traveling under the Program.
Company hereby agrees to inform individuals travelling under the Program that their MileagePlus® account number will be used to calculate the Company’s performance under the Program.
- Company is responsible for ensuring that any individual travelling under the Program complies with all of the Program’s terms and conditions.
- Company must designate one active employee as its sole Authorized Representative. Company will provide United with a valid Company email address for the Authorized Representative, and with updated contact information in the event the Authorized Representative should change. Any notice from United sent to the Authorized Representative’s email address is deemed to be proper notice to Company.
- United reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any aspect of the Program at any time upon general notice.
- United retains the right to terminate Company’s participation in the Program, with or without cause, upon written notice to Company.
Any Points or Rewards not used within 90 days from termination will revert to United and will no longer be available for the Company’s use.
- Participating Carriers’ of the Program may change at any time.
The Program constitutes merely an invitation to companies that meet the qualifications set forth in the preceding paragraphs to apply to United for participation in the Program on the Terms and Conditions stated herein, which such application United reserves the right to accept or reject at its sole discretion. The Program does not constitute a public offer.
[Back to Top]
From the date of enrollment, Company will participate in the Program for 12
consecutive months (the “Term”). If during any Term, Company successfully
achieves the Performance Requirements (as indicated below), Company’s
participation in the Program will be automatically renewed for an additional
Term. Unless otherwise noted herein, any unused points earned during the
immediately preceding Term will remain valid during the subsequent Term. If
during any Term, Company fails to achieve the Performance Requirements, United
reserves the right to disqualify Company from further participation in the
[Back to Top]
Performance Requirements during the Term:
- For US and Canada based companies: $25,000 USD in Qualifying Revenue per Term.
- For Latin America (excluding the Caribbean) based companies: $15,000 USD in
Qualifying Revenue per Term.
- For Central America based companies: $10,000 USD in Qualifying Revenue per Term.
- For Caribbean based companies: $10,000 USD in Qualifying Revenue per Term.
[Back to Top]
United will award Program Points and Rewards to the Company as follows:
- During Company’s enrollment in the Program, points are accrued based on
Qualifying Revenue when an eligible published fare ticket is purchased.
- The Company's Qualifying Revenue will be tracked based upon the MileagePlus®
account numbers of its registered individual business travelers, or the unique
designator (tour code) assigned to the Company. Individuals travelling under the
Program shall provide their MileagePlus® number during reservation and check-in.
- The Company is responsible for maintaining its profile and keeping its travelers
list up-to-date by visiting http://unitedperksplus.united.com
- Points will be credited on a monthly basis and United will provide the Company
with an email message informing Company that the statement of Points accumulated
in the previous month is posted on United’s website. Points earned on qualifying
Participating Carriers’ flights will be credited within two months after they
- In cases where the Company disputes the amount of Qualifying Revenue generated,
United reserves the right to require proof of travel, including ticket receipts
and/or original boarding passes. Company must inform United of any dispute
concerning Qualifying Revenue, in writing, within six months from the date of
the trip or Company will be barred from any such dispute thereafter. Settlement
of any disputes with regard to posting of any United PerksPlus Points will be at
the sole discretion of United.
- Participation in the United PerksPlus Program is between United and the Company.
Only the Company can accrue Points under the Program. In accordance with Program
terms and conditions, the Company may, at its sole discretion, determine how
Points are redeemed for Rewards and allocated among its individual travelers.
- Points earned and Rewards redeemed by the Company are separate from, and in
addition to, those earned by the individual traveler through the MileagePlus®
frequent flyer program.
- Accrued Points do not constitute property of the Company. The accumulation of
Points and the redemption of Points for Rewards are subject to specific Program
rules enacted by United. No Points earned or granted under the Program may be
transferred or assigned except as expressly permitted by United in writing.
- Qualifying Revenue and Points earned through the Program are not combinable with
any other Participating Carrier travel discount agreement or customer loyalty
- United retains the right, upon notice, to withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any
Points or Rewards offered in whole or in part, at any time, even though such
changes may affect the value of the Points accrued.
- Upon notice, United retains the right to increase revenue requirements, modify
or regulate the transferability of Points or Rewards, add an unlimited number of
blackout days, or limit the number of seats available to any or all
- The Company may not rely upon the continued availability of a Reward or Reward
level, and Rewards may not be eligible for redemption or use to all destinations
or on all flights.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to modify United's or Participating
Carriers’ booking and ticketing policies and procedures or United's or
Participating Carriers’ Contract of Carriage. Applicable tariffs and fare rules
will apply to all tickets issued where United or Participating Carriers are the
[Back to Top]
The following Rules will apply when calculating Program Points redemption
- Points are awarded for Qualifying Revenue travel to/from the following “Hubs”:
Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Guam, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, Newark, NJ, San
Francisco, CA, Washington, D.C. – Dulles or Tokyo – Narita.
- Additional Points may be awarded for Qualifying Revenue travel to/from non-Hubs.
- Points are awarded, as shown below, based on tiers and a factor of Qualifying
Revenue multiplied by the multiplier identified for the associated class of
How to earn United PerksPlus points: United States and Canada customers
||Last minute or premium fares
||F, J, Y, G
||Typical business travel fares
||A, C, B, M, E, U, H
||Highly discounted leisure fares
||D, Z, P, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G, N
Points are awarded based on 1 point for each $1 USD in Qualifying Revenue times the multiplier
identified for the associated booking class purchased and hub. (Example: For $500 in Qualifying Revenue booked in C class and flown from a non-Hub market, multiply 500 by 4 from the points earned column to arrive at 2,000 points.)
- Latin America, Central America, Caribbean and Canada customers may earn United PerksPlus Points on United and All Nippon Airways flights only.
- Lufthansa offers a new Premium Economy Class (booking class G, E, N). Flights operated and marketed by Lufthansa on transatlantic long-haul segments that currently offer Premium Economy Class will receive points as follows: G in Tier 1;
E in Tier 2, N in Tier 3. All Nippon Airways offers a new Premium Economy Class, booking class E in Tier 2.
- Qualifying Revenue is defined as actual flown revenue, excluding all taxes, service fees, and refunds. Qualifying Revenue applies to paid published fares booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G or N classes of service. Points are accrued on flown United and participating carrier operated flights when an eligible published fare ticket is purchased and issued in the U.S.,
Canada and Latin America, Central America and Caribbean countries only, where applicable.
How to earn United PerksPlus points: Latin America, Central America and
||Last minute or premium fares and typical business fares
||F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H
||Highly discounted leisure fares
||Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G, N
Points are awarded based on 1 point for each $1 USD in Qualifying Revenue
times the multiplier identified for the associated booking class purchased.
(Example: For $500 in Qualifying Revenue booked in C class, multiply 500 by 12
from the points earned column to arrive at 6,000 points.)
Latin America, Central America, Caribbean and Canada customers may earn United PerksPlus Points on United and All Nippon Airways flights only.
- Qualifying Revenue is defined as actual flown revenue, excluding all taxes, service fees, and refunds. Qualifying Revenue applies to paid published fares booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G or N classes of service. Points are accrued on flown United operated flights when an eligible published
fare ticket is purchased and issued in Latin America, Central America and the Caribbean. All Nippon Airways offers a new Premium Economy Class, booking class E in Tier 2.
[Back to Top]
- Company may redeem United PerksPlus Points online United PerksPlus Account Number and PIN/Password are required.
- Upon request by the Authorized Representative, the appropriate number of Points
will be deducted from the Company’s account for the requested Reward.
- Redemption policy and Points required for Rewards are available on
United PerksPlus Website United Airlines will fulfill your redemption request within fourteen days of submittal.
- To be eligible to redeem Points, Company must first meet a minimum Qualifying
Revenue requirement during the first 12-month Initial Term:
- US and
Canada customers: Once Company’s eligible revenue totals $5,000 for three
consecutive months during the Initial Term the Company can begin to redeem
- Latin America, Central America and Caribbean customers: Once
Company’s eligible revenue totals $3,000 during the Initial Term the Company can
begin to redeem Points online.
- Accrued Points from the previous Program Term may be redeemed up to the end of
the current Program Term as long as the minimum Qualifying Revenue requirement
was met such previous Program Term.
- The number of Points required for any and all Rewards is subject to
modification, cancellation or limitation upon United’s notice to Company. The
number of Points required to redeem any Reward may be substantially increased,
any Reward may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any Reward or its redemption
may be imposed upon United’s notice to Company.
- During the 90 days following Program termination, the Company is responsible to
redeem any unused Points. Subsequent to such 90 day period, unredeemed Points
will be forfeited to United and will no longer be available for Company’s use.
- Terms and conditions for use of Rewards are specified on the Reward
certificate/document. These terms and conditions include, and are not limited
to, capacity controls, applicable fees and surcharges. Rewards may not be
redeemed for travel on Participating Carriers.
- After a ticket is issued in connection with Reward redemption, a service charge
may be imposed for each change requested which necessitates the reissue of the
ticket. A change in date or flight time may result in the imposition of a
service charge. Name changes are not permitted. Tickets issued in connection
with Reward redemption and not used, or subsequently cancelled due to an expired
ticketing time limit, will be forfeited.
- Rewards may not be combined or used with any other rewards such as MileagePlus®,
air travel certificates, discount coupons, premium offers or certain promotion
- Rewards or Points may not be sold, bartered, or purchased. Rewards obtained in
this manner will be voided. If a person other than the person named on the
Reward attempts to use the Reward, it will be voided and travel will be denied.
Altered Rewards will also be voided. Rewards deemed void will be confiscated and
the Points forfeited by Company. At the discretion of United, actions which
result in a void Reward may lead to termination of Company's participation in
the Program or forfeiture of all Points.
- Lost, stolen, destroyed, expired or unused Rewards will not be replaced or
credited to Company's account.
[Back to Top]
- At its sole discretion, United reserves the right to dissolve the United
PerksPlus Program in full upon 90 days’ notice to Company.
- Should the Program be dissolved, Company's right to redeem rewards will be
terminated 90 days after notice is given.
- If for a period of 12 consecutive months Company has not made any purchases
resulting in Qualifying Revenue, United may terminate Company's participation in
the United PerksPlus Program without notice to Company.
- Failure to follow Program Rules or United or Participating Partner Contract of
Carriage and tariffs, abuse of Program privileges, or misrepresentation of any
information provided to United by the Company or its employees may result in
termination of the Company's eligibility and participation in the Program and
forfeiture of all Rewards or Points earned.
[Back to Top]
- Audit: Upon United’s request, Company will provide documentation
verifying employment of its traveling employees included for Company’s
performance purposes hereunder.
information submitted by Company pursuant to the Program. By participating in
the Program Company understands and approves that travel data collected pursuant
to the Program may be viewed by United and Participating Partners. Furthermore,
Company understands and agrees to allow certain pieces of travel information to
be posted online, which can be viewed by individuals authorized by Company,
specifically, historical travel itineraries will be available online. United
will not provide Company with any individual traveler’s travel data. Any travel
data provided to Company by United (with respect to Qualifying Revenue for
example) will be aggregate information for all travelers.
- Taxes: Any taxes, duties or charges resulting from the issue or use of a
Reward shall be the responsibility of the Company or the traveler.
- Damages: United and Participating Partners shall not be liable for any
direct or indirect consequential damages incurred by Company in connection with
Company’s participation in the Program.
- PIN/Password: Company agrees that it is responsible for safeguarding the
Company's PIN/Password. Company understands that by disclosing such PIN/Password
to anyone, it is giving that person the authority to perform all transactions
relating to its United PerksPlus Program account, including Reward redemptions,
until Company revokes that authority by changing its PIN/Password.
- Successors and Assigns: Company may not assign its rights or delegate its
duties under this Program without the prior written consent of United, and any
such purported assignment or delegation shall be void. This Agreement shall be
binding on the lawful successors of Company.
- Severability: Any provision of this Agreement which is prohibited or
unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective
to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the
remaining provisions hereof, and any prohibition or unenforceability in any
jurisdiction shall not invalidate or render unenforceable such provision in any
- Advertising: Company may not use United's or Participating Partners’ name
or United PerksPlus in any public advertising without United’s or Participating
Partners’ prior written approval.
- Changes: Company is responsible for notifying United of any changes of:
Authorized Representative, Company's e-mail address, telephone number, mailing
address or facsimile number. Changes may be processed online at
under "My United PerksPlus Account".
- Choice of Law: This Program shall be construed in accordance with the
laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to its conflict of laws
principles and jurisdiction with respect to any dispute arising with respect
thereto shall lie in Cook County, Illinois.
- No Joint and Several Liability: In no event will United or any of the
Participating Carriers be held jointly and/or severally liable for any actions
of any other party or all of the other parties under this Program.
[Back to Top]